Old phone number login issue

MORF17
New Community Member
Hi all can someone please help, I'm having an issue loging into my account due to an old phone number, Also there's no option to change to new number, which means you cannot excess PayPal lol, has anyone else got this issue, thanks MORF17
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MORF17 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MORF17 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wonderphil1
New Community Member
How is that answer helpful ?? I can’t login because it has an old phone number.... in order to log in I need to change my phone number.... in order to change my phone number.... ??? Best advice is “ don’t give PayPal your businesses” if the developers can’t see how amateur this is then should I trust them with my details ? We shouldn’t even be having this discussion, it should have been foreseen.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wonderphil1 

Well the answer was not directed at you however the person that asked the question obviously thought it helpful.

But if you have a better answer then feel free to post it so we can all learn???

As this is a user to user advice forum then i would love to know how you can log in with an old phone number withOUT contacting customer services?

As for having the discussion, it WAS foreseen that is why there has been a message on my and everyone else's paypal accounts for the last 3 months telling us to check our phone is up to date on our accounts, not that i would need to be told that anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blueyer

My number WAS up to date, but my phone was STOLEN and that's why I can't use that number to log in, and yes it was incredibly stupid of the developers and PayPal to not foresee and have a plan B for such situations!!!! I literally can't believe that there in no plan B in case of stolen phones (and whoever has my phone very likely has access to my PayPal and there's not a damn thing I can do about it!

Login to Me Too

ClazN
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately there is no one manning the twitter or facebook helpdesk. I keep going back to them for help.

I also have an old number. I haven't used paypal for a really long time. There is now money in there sent to me and I have no access.

I am outside the UK and worry about the phone cost. I am stuck abroad without access to my new UK phone. I should be able to confirm via email and address or the last remembered transaction etc. Also, the email option to verify says they will ask for my card number which will be an older one also that I should be updating. I could open a new account but would lose the money in my old one. There has to be better service than this. Leaving absolutely no other way to access other than an old number is very unprofessional. Also, making it impossible to get to help chat without logging in is equally unprofessional. This is going on way to long for what is supposed to be an international outfit. Very frustrating. Thanks for your answer by the way and taking the time to give it. 

Login to Me Too

Sk1725
I’m having the same issue and I really need to transfer money from my pay pal account to my bank !! Nightmare
Login to Me Too

Staffan1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem... I don't use Paypal frequently. Probably 6 months since last time I used it.

Yesterday I remembered that I received an email from Paypal a while ago that told me to check my phone number. Have been busy with life (moving, etc), so I have not found the time to do this.

Yesterday, when I finally was going to check the phone number, it was too late. When I try to login, it tries to call my old number, which hasn't been in use for about 10 years. I tried to contact support, but I need to login to be able to contact support. And if I click on "login problems", I am again required to login. This seems completely idiotic.

I would like them to either change to the correct phone number or change so I use the authenticator app. But that seems impossible.

There is also no way to make a new account, as my old account is connected to all my email addresses...

Login to Me Too

falko14
New Community Member

Is it there any possibility to reset the password without the phone that I lost?

I'm in the circle! 

I try to login:

Authentication required

As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you. 

Options SMS or phone call to old number!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How to do it if i dont have old number?!?!?!?!

This is so frustrating and irritating.

Yes i know go to " help " page and LOGIN!! LOL ! how ??

I know you can contact us by msg or twitter and... yes they will send you to website!! that is a good joke PP!

Yes i know i can call you, i did it  3 times! and after 40 min i give up !

Is it ANY plan B to reset pass or paypal don't care? Some users can LOST phones! 

so what is next ??

Viva support:

1. Select how you want to recover your password, and click Next. (You'll be shown some options such as Have us call youReceive a textReceive an emailAnswer your security questions, Confirm through Facebook Messenger or Confirm your identity using Google.)

There is only ONE option text!

Login to Me Too

Thein1
New Community Member

I have the same problem 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.