Old address lingers?
I recently made a purchase and when paypal brought up the ship to address, it listed an old address of mine that I no longer use. I thought maybe I forgot to remove it from my Wallet, so that's why it had showed up. But when I went to my Wallet, that old address was not listed. So is there something else I need to do to keep the old address from showing up? Or why is it showing up when it's no longer in my Wallet?
Profile & Settings
Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum!
It sounds like this could be an old gift address that is stored on your account, I would ask that you check the following:
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
- Click Manage all Addresses in the Address tile.
- Click Remove under the Address you want to delete.
- Click Remove again to confirm this change.
- You must have at least one address on your account. You can’t remove an address until you add a new address and make it the home address.
- You can’t remove an address from your account if it is your credit card billing address.
- If you are updating an address that is linked to a card on your PayPal account, update your address with your card issuer before you update it with PayPal.
If this address still shows up, you may need to contact our customer service team to have any gift addresses cleared on your account. To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage.
You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's.
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal
I hope this helps, have a nice day!
If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
#2 in your steps is not correct. There is no manage all addresses
This is STILL happening for me and I have changed my address in Venmo and PayPal.
I have now lost roughly $100 because one of my orders is sitting in limbo in something called Track17 because I thought I changed every instance of my physical address and it is still sending NEW orders to the old shipping address.
I have no way of contacting Track17 about my order AND you closed my dispute just to top things off!
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.