Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

sam_saw
Contributor
Contributor

Been having this problem for a week or so now, what is going on with Paypal

Login to Me Too

colnies6

Having the same issue, trying to change phone number (since I lost access to my old number). called paypal support who tried to add my new number but was told they could not send it to my number since my provider was blocking it (verizon), called my provider and they confirmed they weren't blocking anything. Asked paypal support to remove my old phone number but they said they needed a new phone number where I could receive a confirmation text number to change it.

Login to Me Too

msTamiko

Hi,

Same issue (o2 provider, Germany), samsung Galaxy S21.

Just to mention what helped me receive sms code: as someone suggested for Samsung phones, I reset my device to default:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all settings. After restarting my phone I got lots of messages from Paypal.

Now I have a different issue where my authentication fails even without giving me the option to enter the code, oh joys with Paypal! I did not believe these guys were so BAD.

Anyway, maybe this helps other Samsung users out there.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

ooma68
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with Samsung Galaxy a13.  IN Settings, Notifications, Do not disturb. (bottom of screen)

Found the problem was in settings ADD schedule, Do Not Disturb. Turned it to off, then,

in for how long.

I just clicked on Ask every time, problem solved.

Login to Me Too

Tanizaki

I had the same problem for days but as suggested here I tried to check my phone settings and found all SMS from Paypal in Messages under Filtred messages, so it was my phone issue I guess. Somehow my phone did not like the SMS sender 🙂

Login to Me Too

Bric007
Contributor
Contributor

I've managed to resolved mine by restarting my phone. I suddenly received all my missed messages. Not only that, but I was having the same issue with other companies, which led me to believe that it's not a PayPal issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.