Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Per247
New Community Member

I just wanted to add... I had same issue not receiving SMS with confirmation number. I logged in through Paypal app and added a "new" (the same) telephone number as primary. After that I pressed "send code" again on the webpage, and got SMS straight away.

Login to Me Too

JosieS25
New Community Member

NaHCO3

Got the same problem. I was able to log in ~2 months ago, and now I no longer can. I noticed that the number they're trying to send the SMS to is missing the country code. Good luck in getting it through, I guess. Sucks for me though.

Login to Me Too

ToniWong
Same problem also
Login to Me Too

WWWWWWilliam

Got the same problem with a number from Visible

Login to Me Too

DaneIom
Contributor
Contributor

Getting fed up with PayPal now. I’m a business user and I can’t get in to my PayPal because it refuses to send the texts! So I click call me, and some automated woman answers and asks me the 4 digit code on the scree, then says thanks you’ve passed the confirmation.

guess what, it DOES NAFF ALL, still no access!

think I’m going to take my business elsewhere, might cost me a little but at least I won’t be messed round by these clowns! 

Login to Me Too

barnieolive
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Working fine until last night.
Login to Me Too

eez-open
Contributor
Contributor

Have the same problem stared 2 days ago. I don't know how to access my money!

Login to Me Too

Aashishkebab
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this issue too. Love how this thread has been ignored by PayPal for years.

I need to update my address and literally can't. Won't send the verification SMS or call.

Login to Me Too

RoValentim
Contributor
Contributor

Years later and the problem still happens, I just changed to use Google Pay, since I didn't received any SMS in the same day, and it's not a restriction from my provider as the accepted solution says, since I just receive all of the tries today, several hours later. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.