Not possible to update Time Zone

zoltanT
Contributor
Contributor

During account creation, no matter from which country, GMT-8 Pacific Time is set up as time zone by default. The time zone then cannot be updated to the time zone of my country, there are no options in the drop down menu. This will mess up all transaction time especially, if dealing within Europe but transactions are booked in GMT-8 Pacific Time. Can somebody, preferably a PayPal admin advise, how can I set up the right time zone on my account?

There are dozens of similar post from the last 2-3 years but NONE of them has been responded by PayPal.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

fcsaba88
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same (and very frustrating) issue, oddly enough, I'm also from Hungary like OP. 

Login to Me Too

ecomnet
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is still present. There is only one value in the drop-down : (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time

Login to Me Too

NewsDiggers
New Community Member

As of today ten months later after this was reported, the problem persists. How can a company worth billions fail to solve this honestly?

Login to Me Too

jhszgbr

Another year later, the issue is still not resolved - or indeed, acknowledged, for all we know.

Login to Me Too

Kepitano_Ahmad
Contributor
Contributor

This problem still exists for some reason. I will wait for a solution from PayPal staff.

Login to Me Too

hannut
New Community Member

August 2020 and problem still unresolved 🙁 I'm in Finland so Pacific -8:00 to EEST +3:00 is 11 hours off. Maybe they don't have enough money 🤣

Login to Me Too

cstormsc
New Community Member

As of April 2021, still not resolved

Login to Me Too

CarlosCGL

June 2021 I opened my account in 2017  still cant change it  sad 

Login to Me Too

Kattar97
New Community Member
Qnother year have passed and still not solved lol
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.