Non US citizen unable to access paypal fund ,cannot update identity

seoncecilialee
New Community Member

Dear Paypal 

My current status

1) I  am a non US citizen living in US

2) Jus few months back ,I was able to buy/sell/top up paypal fund using my US address

3) Now paypal requires me to update document/identity using SSN /ITIN and so on which obviously I don't have.

4)140 dollars is stuck in my paypal account which I cannot use/transfer

My queries ??

1) How can a non US citizen verify his identity using his current address 

2) If non US citizen cannot use paypal, how can I get my remaining fund back and close the paypal account?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @seoncecilialee,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. In order add funds to your PayPal account you must confirm your identity. This is a regulatory requirement. 

If you don't have an SSN/ITIN, we can still confirm your identity. In order to do this, we would need to receive a photo ID and proof of address from you. Please upload these documents via the Resolution Center.

Once you have done this, please contact our Customer Support to explain that you do not have a SSN/ITIN. They can then proceed with confirming your identity. 

To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.