Need to delete my paypal Account!

BlendedImagery
Contributor
Contributor

I need to delete my paypal account! My bussiness is bases in Austalia, but it wants me to use a US bank.... I already have a local bank in Australia so no need for a US bank account as far as I care.

I can't get into my my preference part of option to delete the account because it keeps asking me to verify my account by linking a US bank account.... 

SO if someone from Paypal please email my business account linked to his account and help me delete my account... there are other ways I can setup to get paid for my business.

If you wont let me link my Australian bank account then your not going to get my business as a customer, which is your lose not mine!

I wont be looking at this post as I don't care what happens either way... your help system sucks and it just a pain to use your setup to try to get help or make an account with you... very disappointed so easy to make a personal account compared to a business account...  Have had a personal account for a good 6 years with you and never had any problems until trying to make my business account!

Before anyone says just open a US account. I can't for legal and tax reasons so it's just not an option for my business!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @BlendedImagery,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. I do understand your frustration. PayPal is country-specific. This means that an account should only be used in the country you are currently living in. 

Based on what you have explained, it sounds like your PayPal account may be registered in the US. If you had an Australian PayPal account, it would not be prompting you to add a US bank account. 

If you live in Australia and have run an Australian business, the best thing to do would be to close your US account and open a new one in Australia. 

To request your account to be closed, please contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

BlendedImagery
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for you reply!

So can how do I make sure the new account is setup with your Australian Paypal system and not your US Paypal? 

Don't want to make the same silly mistake!

Thank you for you time to reply and help me sort this mistake I made setting up the account

Login to Me Too

BlendedImagery
Contributor
Contributor

I cant do the following to close my account:

Go to Account Settings. 
Click Account preferences on the left.
Click Close account next to "Account type."
A prompt asking me to enter my US back account keeps showing up as soon as I enter Account Settings .

Can someone from Paypal please just delete this account!

Login to Me Too

BlendedImagery
Contributor
Contributor

I cant do the following to close my account:

Go to Account Settings.
Click Account preferences on the left.
Click Close account next to "Account type."

A prompt asking me to enter my US back account keeps showing up as soon as I enter Account Settings . Which until I put in a bank account I cant get my Paypal account working.....

Which I can't do as I'm in Australia, which Paypal thinks I was US based. 

Also how do I then make it so when I remake my account so it will let me enter an Australian bank?

Other wise can someone from Paypal please just delete this account and email me so I know I can start fresh please! As I can't do it myself!

Also I can call Paypal as It only has US number and my mobile won't let me call it...... Is there an Australian number I can call and get this issue sorted ASAP please?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BlendedImagery 

When you click to register a paypal account there is a drop down list of countries with U.S being the default top option as Paypal is a U.S company.

If you have opened a U.S paypal account by mistake then you need to remove anything you have added and close it (if you can) and then open one for the correct country you are in.

This is because Paypal is country specific and differs a lot country to country.

If you can't close it then contact customer services and see if they can allow you to remove anything you have added and then limit it so it can't be used but you may find you can't re-use the email address.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.