Need help in changing my PayPal name to match my legal name on ID

malshami78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys, i need to change my Paypal name to match my legal name on my ID, i followed PayPal instructions and uploaded all the documents they asked 3 days ago but i didn`t receive any response from them. not even a single notification on email that we received your request and it`s under process, just nothing, and the worse is that i couldn`t reach any customer support agent, their automated reply system kept telling that no customer support agent available at this time. i`m really shocked by PayPal level of customer support. I appreciate of anyone can help me in this matter.

Mohamed

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malshami78 

You can only change a name if there was a minor 2 character error OR for legal reasons like marriage.

If neither apply then you may not hear back if you don't meet the criteria for a name change.

Why would you not have your legal name on your legal financial Paypal account anyway?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KellyDawn
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue in trying to change my name. For those asking why someone wouldn't have the same name on PayPal as on an official ID, it's called divorce. For others perhaps a name change due to domestic violence issues. Who knows but doubt asking why someone needs to do it is a good answer. I too have uploaded the documents needed but no confirmation or response as yet on acceptance or change done.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KellyDawn 

If it was divorce then the new name would be your legal name so that would not be an issue.

As for domestic violence, yes you can change your name but unless you do so LEGALLY then you would not be able to add it to a paypal account as that has to be your LEGAL NAME. So asking someone why they would not put a legal name on their paypal account is perfectly valid as that is what you have to do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.