Name change

Egwilliams083
New Community Member

Ok so this is super aggregating. I need to change my last name on my account. I know I will have to upload my marriage license and driver's license. The app and website offer the option to take a picture and upload the documents. However, once the picture is taken I get an error message stating my file is too big. Why offer the option to take a picture if you will not accept the file? How am I supposed to get my documents to PayPal? No need to chat with the online assistant or with a customer service representative as all they do is copy and paste the instructions, that do not work.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Priya01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Egwilliams083 . 

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues in uploading a file to change your name on PayPal account. When opening a PayPal account, please ensure the information you enter is true and accurate. The name that you list as the contact name should match the name that is listed on your state identification card. You can refer to this information and change the name and if you are still facing issues in uploading the documents/files please call us. 

I hope this helps.
Priya

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.