Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jagdevsingh

How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

You can submit a request to change the name on your Personal/ Premier PayPal account for a typographical error or a legal name change (marriage, divorce, legal). We’re unable to change the name on a PayPal account to a different person's name.

Change the name on an account

Here’s how to change the name shown on your account:

1. Go to  Settings.
  2. Beside your name, click Update.
  3. Choose the appropriate name change from the available options, 'Fix a minor typo', 'Update your name' or 'Change your legal name'.

To fix a minor typo:

1. Enter your first and last names.
  2. Check the box to confirm 'I'd like to update my name' and click Update Name.

To update your name/ Change your legal name:

1. Choose the type of name change and click Continue.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps. 

Note: If you're not fixing a typo, you'll be asked to provide documentation to support your name change. We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email attachments, we'll still require you to upload your documents.

Here’s how you upload your documents:

1. Click Upload Files or Choose a file to upload and browse for the file(s) you want to upload (or drag to the upload panel).
  2. Click Attach File, if prompted, and allow the files time to upload.
  3. Click Send Files or Submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jagdevsingh

How do I change the name on my PayPal account?

You can submit a request to change the name on your Personal/ Premier PayPal account for a typographical error or a legal name change (marriage, divorce, legal). We’re unable to change the name on a PayPal account to a different person's name.

Change the name on an account

Here’s how to change the name shown on your account:

1. Go to  Settings.
  2. Beside your name, click Update.
  3. Choose the appropriate name change from the available options, 'Fix a minor typo', 'Update your name' or 'Change your legal name'.

To fix a minor typo:

1. Enter your first and last names.
  2. Check the box to confirm 'I'd like to update my name' and click Update Name.

To update your name/ Change your legal name:

1. Choose the type of name change and click Continue.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps. 

Note: If you're not fixing a typo, you'll be asked to provide documentation to support your name change. We don’t accept files that are sent as email attachments. If you email attachments, we'll still require you to upload your documents.

Here’s how you upload your documents:

1. Click Upload Files or Choose a file to upload and browse for the file(s) you want to upload (or drag to the upload panel).
  2. Click Attach File, if prompted, and allow the files time to upload.
  3. Click Send Files or Submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AyyubRazaa
New Community Member

Minor changes are limited to 1 or 2 character differences, please use major name change option.

EROR PLS HELP 

Login to Me Too

Joylin
Contributor
Contributor
What documentation would i need to change from my maiden name to married name please
Login to Me Too

thestickercafe
New Community Member

Hi everyone, after I have chosen the file and attached it, there wasn't any buttons like 'submit' or whatever for the next action. I'm just stuck at the page and I still can't change my name. This is frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

brichase06
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this problem too after trying to update my name after getting married. I upload the document then see no Submit button. I think I just figured my problem out:

- Upload 2 files (or Upload twice if 2 docs are on the same file)- Go to Choose File, Select your document then go to Choose File again and select 2nd document and then the Submit button comes up. 

- Click the check box to change name then click Submit and a confirmation page comes up.

I had my 2 documents on 1 file (Updated ID and Marriage License) So I would upload it and there was no submit button, So I just uploaded it twice.

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

Skramswife
Contributor
Contributor
How long does it take for the change of name
Login to Me Too

Competence
Contributor
Contributor
do you accept "lifetimes" as a unit of measurement?
Login to Me Too

brichase06
Contributor
Contributor
Once I was able to get the documents submitted it took 3 business days for the change to process. I received an email from them letting me know it was completed.
Login to Me Too

ream1
New Community Member

what documents did you submit?  I so far have sent a copy of my marriage certificate, 2 IDs under my married name and 1 old ID with my maiden name.    My ID bearing my maiden name has expired and now asking for my birth certificate which i think is unnecessary for this request.     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.