NAME CHANGE

Tintin101
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST SIMPLY WANNA CHANGE MY NAME ON ACCOUNT BUT I CANT! DONT EVEN HAVE OPTION TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS THEY NEEDED!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Glowtaro
Contributor
Contributor
Same here... I have over 1000$ in my account and this is serious stuff... I do need my money back or at least a way to transfer the limited money to a new PayPal account with the right info.
Login to Me Too

tehiaura

I'm in the same situation. It's been months and very frustrating. What causes the bottleneck at Paypal support to process name change documents? I would expect bit more timely support from such a big company that handles people's money. 

My official calling name is my third legal first name. Also I've moved to another country and despite being a very usual scenario the system nor the support is able to process my transfer needs. I also don't have the money to call US service numbers.

Please if you have support's email address send it to me. 
Cheers from the Nordics!

Login to Me Too

Simona002
Contributor
Contributor
Hi!

I used my mom nickname till I'm 18 and got my own bank and now want to change it for a real name. I sent my doc proofs lots of time and now I got this:

You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safer community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that's inconsistent with our User Agreement and therefore we can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Reference ID: PP-007-944-546-944

And I even cant close this account and remove my bank details. Very, very upset with the Customer Service here.

Login to Me Too

xiaodongLiao

why name changed ,but bank received transfer same old name ?

Login to Me Too

Leo2022
Contributor
Contributor

I had the name on the account to my Virtual Assistant's name. I have $2.5K tied up for over a year now, and they simply tell me I can't do anything to unblock my account and retrieve my money as my name does not match. Their **bleep** policy does not contemplate these scenarios we have. I only have 2 options: find a person that matches my Virtual Assistant's name or open a company with that name. Both options suck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.