NAME CHANGE

Tintin101
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST SIMPLY WANNA CHANGE MY NAME ON ACCOUNT BUT I CANT! DONT EVEN HAVE OPTION TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS THEY NEEDED!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

PayPal_JonK

Hello @DavidHmar, @Epic_digital, @TQmai, and everyone else,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues updating your name. Unfortunately, we do not allow phone numbers to be posted in our Community Forum. However, I can give some insight in contacting our Customer Support. If you click Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, you'll be directed to which contact methods are available (phone, chat, etc). They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck with your name changes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DavidHmar
Contributor
Contributor
I have try to contect them many time they are always offline
Login to Me Too

Epic_digital
Contributor
Contributor

Have you contacted Paypal Support and spoke to a human?

My name change was very simple, one phone call done! I struggle to comprehend why so many find it so difficult

Login to Me Too

DavidHmar
Contributor
Contributor
Can you tell me wht phone number you call?
Login to Me Too

Lildebbieyvonne
New Community Member
I have gotten married and came here to find out how to change it. I can't find how
Login to Me Too

Ronalddd
New Community Member

I've requested this and sent the required docs but PayPal seemed very very very slow responding to the request. I talked to an agent named Juanita but still no update until now. Been weeks.

RIDICULOUS! AND VERY FRUSTRATING!

I"m calling to anyone who monitors conversation on this Community, wth is going on????

Login to Me Too

carolinemugo
Contributor
Contributor

I want to update my name to match my ID i've already sent the required documents to no success please assist.

Login to Me Too

milk4chocolate
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  This is really unacceptable, when I signed up my Paypal account, there was NO WANNNING OR ANY NOTICE to say I need to fill in my legal name.  So I put my preferred name, this name is still me, everyone knows the name is me, but it's not the legal name in my passport.  And I have three cards/bank accounts linking.   

I have uploaded every document, but no one reviewed them or gave me any response.  

I hope Paypal can do something in this situation.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milk4chocolate 

You open a legal, financial account and need a warning to use your legal name 🙄

Does your bank issue you a warning before you open a bank account OR do you open credit cards in a fake name??

You can only change the name if there are 2 minor character errors OR for legal reasons, apart from that you won't be able to.

This is because any documents you supply have to show the name on the document and the name on your Paypal account match (apart from up to 2 minor characters errors) OR the document shows your name has been legally changed from your Paypal name to the one on the document.

As you haven't proven that presumably then there is nothing for paypal to respond to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milk4chocolate
Contributor
Contributor

Hey..  When I signed up, I didn't know Paypal is like a financial institution, but when I sign up any bank account including Alipay,  they would check my ID and credit instantly.  I signed up Paypal in 2011, I have been used Paypal service for 9 years, just recently got the message that my account was limited.  As you said Paypal is a financial institution, I  don't believe so. NO FINANCIAL INSTITUTION doesn't check any ID and Personal Credit to open an account. Right?  Please don't say such stupid words to your customers and blame what you haven't done right in the first beginning. Now I understand why so many frauds happen via Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.