NAME CHANGE

Tintin101
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST SIMPLY WANNA CHANGE MY NAME ON ACCOUNT BUT I CANT! DONT EVEN HAVE OPTION TO SEND THE DOCUMENTS THEY NEEDED!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tintin101 

You can only change a name for a 2 character 'typo' spelling error OR for legal changes ie marriage.

You can't change a complete or fake name to another name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tintin101 

You can only change a name for a 2 character 'typo' spelling error OR for legal changes ie marriage.

You can't change a complete or fake name to another name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ronalddd
New Community Member

They don't even respond to my requests. I've already sent the required document. I'm changing to any funny different names, just want to match the name to my bank account and nothing until now. This is absolutely ridiculous... they're holding my money for as long as possible.

Login to Me Too

MuhammadAliff
Contributor
Contributor
Hey im facing a same situation with you now and i really can feel you. Mind to share how your solution like? Have you settle? All my money is on hold. I need to change my paypal name same as my banking name but no one reply. Would highly appreciate your sharing
Login to Me Too

kwjetus
New Community Member

Hey, I´m in the same situation - any news on your side? I need to change my name after marriage to be able to link PayPal with my current bank account. Sent the documents needed twice, emailed the PayPal support twice and nothing happens, I have money on PayPal i cannot use at all. As soon as I solve this I´m gonna stop using PayPal as this is just illegal behaviour. Incredible.

Login to Me Too

Tintin101
Contributor
Contributor
YEAH THE THING IS, I PUT MY MIDDLE NAME AS MY "LAST NAME" SO I HAVE TO CHANGE OR REMOVE IT. BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY OPTIONS TO CHANGE/EDIT/REMOVE OR SEND DOCUMENTS AS PROOF. TRIED TO CONTACT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE HOTLINE BUT UNCONTACTABLE FOR SOME REASON ! THIS PAYPAL IS COMPLETELY A JOKE
Login to Me Too

TQmai
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. I have changed my legal name. But there are some issues. They changed my legal name automatic when i send them legal document. But in my country, the way of a name is last name - middle name - first name. However, the name of other country is first name - middle name - last name, and paypal follow this way. So my currently name in my paypal is not same my legal name in my bank. And i cant change it. Are there any solutions for this case? Pls help me!!!
Login to Me Too

DavidHmar
Contributor
Contributor
How many days you wait when you finish sending the doucument for name change?
Login to Me Too

TQmai
Contributor
Contributor
A few days. Just follow the document they need.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.