My shipping address has the wrong state. My profile address is correct.

ccaintx
Contributor
Contributor

My profile address is correct but several merchants recently questioned the state on the shipping address, which is clearly incorrect. I don't know where the incorrect state came from or how to fix it. Any ideas about what I can do? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Gane26
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ccaintx 

Welcome to the PayPal community!

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that the shipping address is incorrect. I can sense the importance of this matter. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. If the payment is sent to the wrong shipping address then contact the merchant to request a refund. Once the payment is refunded, you can resubmit the payment with the correct shipping address. Here’s how to find the merchant’s contact information:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity.
  3. Click on the transaction for details. 

When sending the payment again, select your shipping address or click to +Add a new shipping address.

Review the details and click Save if you added a new shipping address.

If you have any issues, please contact our PayPal customer support, they will check your account and help you. 

Thanks

Gane26

Login to Me Too

ccaintx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. Two vendors discovered the incorrect state in the shipping address and they both corrected it so there is no problem with prior purchases. Where do I add a shipping address as a buyer? My primary address is and has always been correct. I can't find where I should add a "new" address (even though the shipping address is identical to the primary address).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.