My husband is receiving my notifications

sheenalee
Contributor
Contributor

I have a strange problem this morning.

I purchased something from a website using my credit card and my PayPal account, but my husband is the one receiving the emails (confirmations, shipping). He's getting them on his email from his account, yet the account I used is mine and the transaction is indeed in my own account. His email is nowhere in my account, and my email is nowhere in his. The transaction is not in his account.

What gives?? This is so confusing.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @sheenalee

We'd like to help. Is the transaction showing in your own PayPal account or did you check out as a guest? If you checked out as a guest and have used that merchant in the past that may explain the incorrect email address being used. Alternatively, the address may have auto populated on the merchants side when checking out if you use a shared device. 

You should find all of the information you need on how to edit or update any email addresses used on your account Here. 

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

sheenalee
Contributor
Contributor

I checked out as a guest on the merchant website, but it was a merchant I'd never purchased from online and neither has my husband. I used my own cellphone, not a shared device, and his email isn't in my account nor is my email in his account.

I really don't understand at all how this could have happened. He got a notification the day I purchased the items, and one the day they were shipped. I have not received such emails, but I am getting the ones from the merchant so I know it was my email I used on the order.

How bizarre!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.