My account got permanent limited bc PayPal didn't understand that Egypt has no American states

AdhamElrefaay
Contributor
Contributor

My account got permanent limited because i chose egypt and it insisted to pick one of the American states even though i put my address in Egypt so i chose New York and when it asked me for My ID it wasn't matching so i got banned and every account i made get banned instantly and iam not sure if this is the right reason bc every time i talk to the support this bot says they are offline i don't know how to reach them

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdhamElrefaay 

No the reason is because you have opened a U.S paypal account and not a paypal account issued in your own country of Egypt.

User AdhamElrefaay: United States Business Account

That account is useless to you, you need to close it (if you can) then open an Egyptian account.

When you click to register U.S is the top default option as paypal is a U.S company so you click on the drop down box and scroll down to open one in Egypt.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AdhamElrefaay
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to change US but i couldn't but even if i created a new account is instantly banned so how could i solve it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdhamElrefaay 

You can't change a paypal account from one country to another.

If you keep opening U.S paypal accounts then of course you are going to be banned.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AdhamElrefaay
Contributor
Contributor
So i cant use paypal forever and i couldn't even do any transactions to look suspicious i didn't even get the chance to link my card
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdhamElrefaay 

Well you may be able to open a paypal account if you do so for the correct country !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AdhamElrefaay
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to make one in egypt and made the info exactly like on the id and they said they are reviewing it and will respond within a day but it didn't get instant ban so i think it will work
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.