Moved countries and need I can't update my mobile number. HELP!

neilhtothek
New Community Member

Hello all,

I have moved from the UK to Turkey and now just use my Turkish telephone number. My old UK telephone number is void now and I can't login to my PayPal account anymore as it requires the old UK telephone number to login still. I still have a UK residence as I travel back and forth from time to time each year.

Is there anyway I can login without my telephone number of update it at least?

Also, how often is your mobile number contacted by PayPal? Do you receive a text for every new transaction or is it only to verify your login onto a new device?

Really appreciate the support,

Neil

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neilhtothek 

Sorry but you moved from a country where PayPal services are available to a country where PayPal services are not available and it’s a restricted activity to use PayPal under another country in countries not on the supported countries list. You can only use PayPal when you’re in the UK, part of the year.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#restricted-activities

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:

...Access the PayPal services from a country that is not included on our permitted countries list.”

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.