Money received in account, but no email notification is sent

teylyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I received several payments into my PP account today, but no email was sent. In my settings, the option to receive email notifications when money arrives in my account is active.

Why am I not getting these emails?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Becky_89
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @teylyn , Thank you for contacting us !

You can set your email preferences using the steps in the link or you can use the steps below:

To select your Email Notification Preferences:

1. Click the Settings icon next to "Log out".
  2. Click Notifications.
  3. Click the Envelope icon to enable or disable email notifications.
  4. Click the Mobile phone icon to enable or disable text notifications.
  5. Your preferences are automatically saved.

Hope the provided information help you better. 

Regards 
    Becky. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @teylyn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I'm sorry that you're not receiving the emails when you receive payments. It sounds like you may already have tried the steps given by @Becky_89 prior to posting, so I am sorry for any confusion.

If you are not receiving the notifications into your inbox, please first check your junk mail or spam folders. It's possible that your email client is interpreting these messages as spam. If they are not there, it is possible that your email service provider is blocking them at the server level. If possible, please reach out to the email service host to inquire.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

teylyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Olivia, thanks for your reply. The messages are not in Spam. I checked. My email provider is Gmail. Do you have any information about Gmail blocking paypal notifications? That would be very weird. 

Also, looking through my Gmail history, I can see that I receive many notifications from PayPal when money goes OUT of my account, but not money coming in. For example on 9th and 11th June this year, money came in but no email was received. On 17th June, just a few days later, money went out and I received an email. To me, that doesn't look like Gmail is blocking Paypal notifications, but that they are not being sent.

Can you please establish that notifications were acutally sent to my email address? The last notification about money coming in I received in January this year. After that, nothing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @teylyn,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to say that it is not unheard of for Gmail, just like any other provider, to block things at the server level. 

I have used Gmail for a lot of years myself, and there are times when I do not receive expected emails from various companies - emails I initiated through actions taken on their site, or notifications of things happening that should have reached me - basically the kinds of email that a fraudster might try to mimic in order to bait a victim into clicking an unsafe link or similar. I think their algorithm for rooting out phishing emails is just a hair "too good" from time to time. It's usually really accurate, but every now and then, something falls into the cracks.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing that problem. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

teylyn
Contributor
Contributor

teylyn_0-1666045073235.png

teylyn_0-1666045966415.png

Support chat with Google. They insist they are not blocking the emails. Back to Paypal. Can you check and confirm that these messages were actually sent? Did your messages bounce?

Login to Me Too

teylyn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Becky, thanks for trying, but it seems you didn't read my post at all, otherwise you would have seen that my settings are already in place. Also, I find it strange that you talk about an envelope icon and a mobile phone icon. There are no such icons in the user interface. If you don't even address the user interface I see in front of me, how can you advise me about fixing my problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.