Messenger Notifications Attachment Unavailable

Bex287
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve recently had 3 notifications from PayPal via Messenger but I can’t open them and the just say “attachment unavailable: this attachment may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it.” Any ideas how to fix this issue because everything I’ve read suggests this is a PayPal issue, not something to do with my settings. I’ve previously had Messenger notifications just fine. Thank you 😊

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Plasmafire
Contributor
Contributor
I have this problem starting on 21 August 2021. Previously it worked fine. I have checked my notifications setting in PayPal. I’m looking for advice and hope tech support notes this issue.
Login to Me Too

Plasmafire
Contributor
Contributor
I just opened a help session and PayPal said this: Welcome to PayPal Messaging. I understand how important it is for you to know what's happening with the Facebook Messenger app. Thank you for letting me know about it, I will definitely do my best to assist you. We apologize for the inconvenience but this action is currently impacted by a known issue on our end. That means that you are not the only one experiencing this. We do not have an estimated time of restoration yet but rest assured that our system engineers are currently working on to resolve it the soonest possible. What I can advice is to check Messenger from time to time so if ever it will get fixed, you can be able to use it once again. Thank you for contacting PayPal and for being a valued customer. If you have no further questions, you may close the conversation by selecting End Message.
Login to Me Too

Welshmun
Contributor
Contributor

Just to confirm that I am getting 'Attachment unavailable" too, since Aug 22 2021. Hope this can be fixed !!

Login to Me Too

Catchacat
Contributor
Contributor
This has been going on for months now! When will PayPal sort this out?
Login to Me Too

Elmerelm
New Community Member

Since there have not been any updates, I bet they aren't too concerned. In my opinion.

Login to Me Too

Konorok
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here since Aug. 28th. Did anyone find a solution yet? 

Login to Me Too

Bex287
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet 😕
Login to Me Too

dawn481
New Community Member
I too have been getting the attachment unavailable message in messenger when making a purchase like everyone it appears to have started around 21 August 2021
Login to Me Too

Freddie007
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been getting Attachment unavailable since 31st August. Understand this is a known problem. Anyone have a solution yet?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.