Login problems (2FA Authenticator app method)

AlbEagle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble to login to my paypal account. I setup a business account today, and used 2 FA with the google Authenticator App. I was able to login few times but now it is not working at all. It asks me to put the 6 digit code from the Authenticator app, once I do that it says there is an error, I should either contact customer support or try again later and it won't let me login. I have tried several times, no success. Using secret question would be great so I can disable the authenticator app but it is not showing as an option. I have cleared cookies and cache, used different browsers, on pc and mobile, it is not working. I am writing from the personal account. What can I do, how can I login and disable 2FA. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @AlbEagle 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to login to your account. I'd first recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps in the following Help Center articles: What can I do if I can't log in? and I forgot my password. How do I reset it? 

Also, in the future, if you do not want to run into this issue, you can turn off this feature of two-step authentication. If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope that helps!

-Mujahid 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @AlbEagle 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to login to your account. I'd first recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps in the following Help Center articles: What can I do if I can't log in? and I forgot my password. How do I reset it? 

Also, in the future, if you do not want to run into this issue, you can turn off this feature of two-step authentication. If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

I hope that helps!

-Mujahid 

Login to Me Too

emilyree
Contributor
Contributor
Having trouble to sign in to my account. My two step verification app and account failed and now I can't gain access to my account as I can't get the authenticator code from the authenticator/ verification app. What can I do to gain access to my account again without the authenticator.
Login to Me Too

nabul14
Contributor
Contributor
Help me.
Nabul [removed]
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.