Login Pin stopped working with iOS app

ladysaraha
Contributor
Contributor

I haven’t been able to login using my PIN in the iOS app for a few months now. I have reset my pin by logging into the browser and through the app. I have turned on and off extended login. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have rebooted my phone. I am in the current versions of both PayPal (8.7.1) and iOS (15.1). Nothing seems to help - it simply won’t recognize my PIN, and so I have to login the long way. I’ve had PayPal on my device and it has worked for years. The PIN stopped working sometime this year, maybe even as long ago as summer. Please advise?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ladysaraha
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, has nobody else had this issue? It continues to persist.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ladysaraha, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties accessing the account with your pin. Please ensure "Location Settings" is switched on for the PayPal application on your mobile device. If this issue was caused after a recent update/installation on your iOS device, please reach out to Apple directly for assistance. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

ladysaraha
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Siobhan ~ you should know that is a poor suggestion, as it is PayPal’s responsibility to make sure that location services are enabled for its app. As it is, they aren’t, and so there is no way to enable them from Apple’s end of things. This needs to be fixed by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply, and I apologize for the confusion caused in my previous message. 

All mobile devices have a "Settings" feature within the device. The "Settings" are maintained and controlled by your device provider, and in this case it is Apple. Each app has the ability for the Location Services to be switched on, and off, and this is managed by the user directly, and not the specific company who provides the app. In order to use the PayPal app, Location Services must be switched on within your device. 

Please go to the "Settings" app in your device, and follow these steps to ensure Location Services is witched on - https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT207092

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

ladysaraha
Contributor
Contributor
I knew exactly what you were referring to – I’m not confused. Apple does not offer location settings for the PayPal app. Since it does for many, many other apps, I would guess (with a fair amount of technical knowledge and understanding) that the capacity for Apple to read these settings need to be pre-set by PayPal itself. I have read other accounts of this issue, this is not just my device. Many others in this forum report not being able to turn on location settings for PayPal. I am in the newest operating system.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.