Login CAPTCHA missing

Teaelle
New Community Member

Hi, I am having trouble logging into my Paypal account as after entering my email address and hitting enter, it is asking me to enter a valid CAPTCHA code, but no CAPTCHA code was ever showing.   This is happening on both my home and work PCs.  I have tried clearing cookied and cache and this has not resolved the issue. 

This is happening using a Chrome browser (with UBlock origin disabled for Paypal site) on Windows 10 64.

Anyone got any clue as to what is going on here?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

0ldb34r
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem with Firefox, with or without Ublock installed, "content blocking" disabled.

It's been month since it happens and everytime I send an email to PayPal, the answer is the same "We are not the right people to contact. Contact the technical services."

Except that I never found were to contact them directly.
It becomes really really annoying and PayPal doesn't seem to care !

Login to Me Too

davlet
New Community Member

I have the same problem in Chrome and Firefox, I couldn't login to PayPal at all, even to post this bug report!

However it worked in Incognito mode at the end (in Firefox).

This bug prevents me from paying to any merchants that have integration with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

AlleAinujag18
Contributor
Contributor
I understand This bug prevents me from paying to any merchants that have integration with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

vidierre
Contributor
Contributor

It is incomprehensible!

At least 50% I whant pay with paypal I got this issue and I have to pay with Credit Card. I tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari with same results.

1) Where are Captcha required?

2) Why Paypal is silent on this issue ang give no instructions to bypass it? They miss a lot of payments.

Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 11.55.25.png

Login to Me Too

chaoszero112
New Community Member

This happens if you use a password manager to fill in your email address on the sign-in page. The auto-fill causes some hidden values to be filled in, causing the CAPTCHA error.

Type your email in and press Next. You can then use the password manager on the next screen when it asks for the password.

Login to Me Too

djvj3000
New Community Member

Thanks! Seemed to be my issue, they should really fix this. Had the same issue multiple times and had to switch device or browser to get the payment done because I couldnt figure it out. Surely they're missing out on transactions because of this...

Login to Me Too

PedroClemo
New Community Member

I've had this issue since switching to LastPass in Firefox rather than the native Firefox Sync/Lockwise.

The only way I can login to PayPal now is to manually type (or paste) in BOTH username and password, otherwise after submitting the login form I get the same CAPTCHA error anyway, even with a manually entered username and prefilled password.

PayPal just forced me to change my password as a result of too many failed logins as a result of this.

Starting to regret the switch to LastPass if I'm honest.

Login to Me Too

cmiw
Contributor
Contributor

I use LastPass as well and agree that if you autofill, you get the annoying "Please enter the valid CAPTCHA code" message. If you go to the LastPass icon and use the copy username and copy password features then it works fine. I'm going to contact LastPass too!

Login to Me Too

GeertVc
Contributor
Contributor

@chaoszero112: This is a spot on answer!  I had the same issues using LastPass password manager (in all my browsers: FF, Chrome, Edge).  I followed your advice, entered the password manually and there it is: works like a charm!

Thanks for giving this hint.  I'll contact LastPass and ask them why there's hidden information given...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.