Locked out of account because I lost access to my Google Authenticator account

JodieM1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have 2-step verification turned on for my PayPal account. Every time I log in to PayPal, I have to enter a code that can be found on the Google Authenticator app on my phone. The problem is, I lost my phone a week ago and had to buy a new one. But I can't import my account to Google Authenticator on my new phone without having access to my old phone. What that means is that I can't log in to PayPal because I can't receive the authentication codes on Google Authenticator. I have contacted Google about this, and I was told I need to contact PayPal to get it sorted out. (I had to create another PayPal account just to be able to post here. I cannot log in to my real account.) Please, please somebody help me log back in to my PayPal account! I am extremely upset and stressed about this.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JodieM1 

Reach out to PayPal through Facebook or Twitter. There is no guest caller option for S. Korea atm.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JodieM1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I will try to contact them on Facebook.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.