Just how good is paypal? My first experience was iffy

OITCONZ
Contributor
Contributor

I just signed up to Paypal and it has left me underwhelmed and frankly a little bit suspicious this will be a secure platform to use.

1 - On signing up and trying to send money was asked for credit card details - thats ok. I said i didn't want it to link it now, meaning use it for this transaction but dont permanently leave it in the account. Transaction failed as the send payment button was greyed out.  I went around the same route. Same result. Went around again and allowed the card to be linked.  Transaction couldn't proceed as the send payment button still greyed out.

I went back to the dashboard, started the whole process again and behold - the card was actually linked (didn't have to add details again)  and we could go through the process. Fine but obviously something flakey in the whole linking card process as it didnt recognise the linked card when it asked the first transaction but did after i got out of transaction and started again.

After transaction finished it asked if I wanted to comment on how successful the transaction was. i clicked the link / button. Didn't work.  So Paypal UI is flakey, and it has dud links in a basic process flow. That's very scary to see in a payment transaction system that is meant to be stable and mature.  Simple mistakes like this usually mean rubbish back end processes (e.g. bad or no testing, bad coding checks, bad regression testing etc).  Using latest version firefox on up to date Windows 11 PC. No strange hardware ( Intel NUC) and no strange antivirus etc.

2 - Received an email saying this device is trusted so Paypal will continue to remain logged on for a period of time. Like Hell!!!.  I'm not the only person on this family PC and there is no way Paypal will stay logged on - the last thing I want is my kids buying stuff off my credit card ( that i was forced to permanently link) on a device that PayPal has decided to leave permanently logged on as a trusted device. That's RUBBISH SECURITY.   Seriously - do things get better from here or do I wipe this account now.   I'm seriously under whelmed.

Before someone asks why didn't I log this with help - what help and where? Not that easy to access appropriate help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

OITCONZ
Contributor
Contributor

Holy flaming buckets of firey turds !!!!

Logged out of Paypal using th elog out button under the user profile.

Clicked the log in button and was logged straight in with no user name or password required, right into the area that allows you to send money and see transaction.

Seriously - this security is a pile of turds!!   Ironically had to relog back in to make this post but not to spend money from my CCard.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.