It's nearly 2023, ~10 YEARS since the first "hidden address" issues, WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN SOLVED??

kawingz
Contributor
Contributor

"Hidden adresses" are still a problem.

These "solved" archived threads go back to 2014, and I've seen others that go back even further:

Solved: PayPal defaulting to OLD address even after it has... - PayPal Community (paypal-community.c...

Solved: PayPal is showing the wrong shipping address....so... - PayPal Community (paypal-community.c...

Old mailing address overwrites current mailing add... - PayPal Community (paypal-community.com)

I moved 6 months ago. Every time I use Paypal it overwrites my shipping address somewhere in the checkout or invoice. Usually, the merchant will respect the address I manually enter in their checkout process. With a recent Newegg order however, shipping street addresses were apparently both combined and removed. Newegg invoicing shows two street addresses were combined and the zip code as proper, but also saved this nonsense as the default shipping address for my account. USPS shows no street addresses during final "out for delivery" stage, and the incorrect zip code. Now my package is getting returned to sender by USPS, for having an "insufficient address." Awesome.

FIX your blooping system PAYPAL. No one should have to contact you to MAYBE get rid of "hidden addresses" that shouldn't exist in the first place. Train your customer service to know what your customers are talking about when they present this issue. Offer them compensation for any headaches caused. This is 100% your fault after all.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @kawingz,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. I do understand your concern. When you make a transaction and enter an address on a merchant's website, it would be saved as a hidden address on your PayPal account.  

If you want to have any hidden addresses removed, you would need to contact our Customer Support. They will have the option to manually do this for you. 

To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

arghhhhhh
New Community Member

@PayPal_RachelKThis bug is super infuriating because people think they changed the default address, make a purchase without looking at the address and find themselves having to pick up an order at the other side of the country.

When are you planning to fix this? What is the address in my settings for if not for this?

Login to Me Too

arghhhhhh
New Community Member

The weirdest part is: even after I changed the delivery address WITHIN the dialog of a purchase, the next time it STILL uses the old address again

Login to Me Too

Ricky1961
New Community Member

Just had this very thing happen. My address is correct in my setting.. Package is going to wrong address across the US with no way to stop it. The wrong address is one I had years ago and nowhere can it be found on my account setting. What are my options ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ricky1961 

Did you read the moderators post a few up from yours?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.