Is my account verified if it doesn’t say otherwise?

Shanarai
Contributor
Contributor

I’m trying to link my PayPal account to the site Neevo, but it says that my PayPal account needs to be verified. I cannot find anywhere that it says that it is unverified. My bank account is linked (no ! anywhere), but my debit/credit card isn’t. Does it have to be? My e-mail is also verified. Am I missing something? I don’t have a valid passport as I haven’t traveled abroad for years, is that needed to get a verified account and wouldn’t it ask for it in that case?

Which things need to be in order for me to have a verified account and does PayPal tell me if it’s not?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shanarai 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately its hard for us to advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shanarai
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding. I live in Finland and wasn’t aware that there are differences depending on which country you live in.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shanarai 

Paypal varies a lot country to country, some countries can't receive funds at all / a lot don't have the friends/family option, some can't add bank accounts /some can't withdraw funds etc.

However in Finland to verify checkout the link from your own countries site + if that is all correct try adding and confirming a visa credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/fi/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq444?app=searchAutoC...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mellybee
New Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue but I'm in United States!

My PayPal account has been verified for a long time now and I don't see anything saying my account needs to verified

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Shanarai,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about account verifications. Please note that if your account has been fully verified then my account page on your PayPal account should show "Your account has been verified " If not, you may have to follow the details mentioned in this help center article for verifying. If want to know the status of your PayPal account, you may reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

Good Luck,
Ayesha 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.