Is it possible to open a PayPal account in Nicaragua, linked to a Nicaraguan bank account.

FilipVandamme
Contributor
Contributor

Nov 2022 - I would like confirmation, please, that it's possible to open a PayPal account in Nicaragua, linked to a Nicaraguan bank account. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FilipVandamme 

You are posting with a Belgium account so are you in Belgium or Nicaragua?

However yes Nicaragua is paypal supported to buy and sell.

https://www.paypal.com/ni/home

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FilipVandamme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I know that we can buy and sell here with PayPal, but can my Nica friend open a PayPal account from Nicaragua with a Nica bank account, please? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @FilipVandamme,

Thank you for the help @kernowlass!

Yes! Your friend from Nicaragua can open a PayPal account and can link any local bank account which is issued in the same country! Also, to view the services available, go to the PayPal website, click the flag at the bottom of the page, and then click 'See all countries.' In the drop down menu, select your country to see what services we offer.

I hope this helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kingjofr
New Community Member

I'm trying to help my family in Nicaragua open a paypal account with a lafise bank account, but we're running into problems.  We first tried with the debit card but it doesn't seem to work.  We then tried with the bank account directly but it doesn't seem to work.  I'm not sure if it's just a problem with lafise.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @kingjofr

Welcome to the PayPal community. It is nice to hear that you are helping your family. 

Is the bank account you are trying to add a physical bank account or a virtual one? Virtual bank accounts don't always connect with PayPal. 

Are you getting a particular error when you are trying to add it? Be sure when you are adding it that the name and address registered on the PayPal account are exactly the same as the bank account as if they are different the bank may decline it. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

WriteCodeNinja
New Community Member

I am here in Nicaragua and have a business account. I can easily add my debit card for payments. However, anytime I try to link "A bank" of any kind, it asks only for USA accounts. I have only Nicaraguan bank accounts (Lafise, Banpro, BAC, BDF). Where my account has my Nicaraguan Address, National ID, Phone number all here, why would anyone think I would have a USA account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.