Increase Auto-Logout Time

RayBan81
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to increase this? We're using paypal commercially and it even logs us out while taking the time to answer paypal claims. The timeframe is so short you constantly have to remember to click anything. It's close to impossible to complete any task on this platform without having to re-login a few times. 

I understand the security implications, but others have found way smarter ways to deal with this compared to PayPal. Maybe the limit can be increased for certain computers? Maybe professional users with known track-record can up the limit? Maybe you could pop-up a window telling about logout in xx seconds? Maybe you can select a timeframe right at login, which is only valid for this single session?

The user interface in general is (very often) unbearably slow (no...it's not our iNet in general 😉 ) and having to re-login to it all the time makes the user experience just even more annoying. Our local bank here in little Austria offers a user interface light-years ahead of what big PayPal was able to achieve as a tech-giant in 20 years. Just to have that mentioned as well. 😉

The Auto-Logout even **bleep** me while writing this...glad i saved it in a Text-Editor locally. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

hrt1uk
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue in the UK. I hope the PayPal makes an easy option to fix it.

Login to Me Too

GerardE
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also in the UK and the auto-logout time is driving me crazy. I've already had to login three times this morning and its only 10am!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Login to Me Too

PattiMiller747
Contributor
Contributor

The new log in authentication makes the short time out untenable!!!  Please fix.

Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor
How do I stop PayPal from automatically logging me out?
In the Settings menu, switch to the Security tab and click on the Auto-login option. On the pop-up, you will be able to see the devices on which PayPal Auto Login is enabled. To prevent Auto-login, click on the Turn OFF option, located next to the listed device
Login to Me Too

craig138
New Community Member

That's about auto-log in, not "logging out". Or are the two linked? 

Login to Me Too

josecanelas
New Community Member

Not sure what browser you use, but try a "tab reloader".

I use firefoz and works well.

Hope i could help

Login to Me Too

MsRome
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has been raised last 2021, until now it is still like this. Please let us work properly. Since this is a billing service, how are we able to do our job without mistakes when we race against time to be logged out? Please give us choice for the length of time to be logged out. It is so annoying! Especially I'm on two-way verification. Super, super annoying! Whew!!!

Or maybe I'm just a moron who doesn't know how to tweak my settings, please teach me how. Don't make me stay angry moron in this lifetime. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MJLlew
New Community Member

This is an utter nonsense to be frank.  I do my credit card for work monthly, and I have to re-login 25 times as I go through my statement to print off invoices.  Its utterly infuriating!  For god sake this is a simple addition to a multi-billion pound business to apply.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.