Inability to change country and add new phone number

obadaadedayo
Contributor
Contributor

I need to change my location and phone number to a different country because it keep show lists of states in my country of birth which I used in opening my account, instead of my country of resident. Also, its not accepting my new phone number

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @obadaadedayo , it is not possible to modify the country, nor the mobile number.
an account must be opened in his country of residence.
if you change residence, you must close the account and open a new one, corresponding to the new country.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @obadaadedayo , it is not possible to modify the country, nor the mobile number.
an account must be opened in his country of residence.
if you change residence, you must close the account and open a new one, corresponding to the new country.

Login to Me Too

obadaadedayo
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You're welcome @obadaadedayo  🙂

Login to Me Too

Egbunike
New Community Member
In my case, I'm unable to close the account because I'm not in the country where I opened it so I don't have access to the registered phone line.
Login to Me Too

Ieln
Contributor
Contributor

Same in my case. This is seemingly impossible. You have to have a phone number (not prepaid) in the country you are a citizen of to track you. You cannot be a Canadian and resident of USA and then change your number and still use your account, for example.

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Egbunike @Ieln 

Due to the fact that you do not have access to your old phone number, you will need to contact our telephone support team.

Please go to the PayPal home page and
1. Go to the Contact Us page: https://www.paypal.com - contact us
2. Select Password and account access
3. Select Connection issues

if you are having trouble joining paypal, you can do so on twitter and facebook.

paypal is present on both. all you have to do is "send a private message"

( https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. )

Login to Me Too

obadaadedayo
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.