Im trying to set up my Yubikey with Paypal. It keeps failing

VevletLounger
Contributor
Contributor

Currently very frustrated. I just typed my question. Selected the Security board, and the form was wiped clean.

I am unable to set up either the Duo Authenticator app or a Yubikey hardware key for 2FA. Paypal only lets me use Google Authenticator, which I am no longer using anywhere else. Duo and Yubikey work fine on other accounts, but why not Paypal?

With Duo the setup goes fine, but when I try to authenticate the setup it fails.

And it seems Paypal cant find the Yubikey when I plug it in. It just keeps searching. I have tried with two seperate keys, and both these keys work everywhere else

Any suggestions on what im doing wrong?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @VevletLounger

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues setting up your Yubikey with PayPal. I'm unable to confirm any kind of compatibility between Yubikey and PayPal, but I can provide the following Help Center article detailing How to setup 2-step verification with an Authenticator App.

You're also welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams for any assistance.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.