I recently setup a PayPal account and have been locked out of certain features from the start, Why?

Mythos91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello in the last 30 days I created an account with PayPal, however right from the start it seems I have been locked out from using some of the services offered by the website. 

The first thing I tried to setup after making the account was getting some sort of physical debit card. I tried troubleshooting it on my own first, and was unable to figure out why the website would not let me even reach the application page. I then spoke to a PayPal representative and was told I needed to put money into the account first. After I did nothing changed, still I was unable to even access the application page. Eventually I spoke to a PayPal supervisor on the phone and was told that my account had an internal security issue on PayPal's side. I was told to wait 48 hours and it should be fixed.

After I waited still nothing lol, and now I have been told to wait for 30 days and try and access the page again. The funny part is its a debit card, its not like I'm applying for a credit card and the website won't even let me reach the application page. My question in short has anybody had trouble with being locked out your customers account while PayPal says that there isn't a problem when there is? What should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mythos91 

Why don't you set up your account first before beginning to apply for things?

Have you verified your email address?

Have you verified your account by adding and confirming a bank account on your paypal account?

Have you added and confirmed a back up debit or credit card on your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mythos91
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have verified and setup the account 100%, and I am still locked out of certain services. I have called PayPal and they say everything is good with my account. I have tried to explain that a problem is happening, and I don't know how to fix it.

I have reviewed the requirements and have completed all of them. This just doesn't make sense to me.I have reviewed the requirements and have completed all of them. This just doesn't make sense to me.When I have tried to request a debit card, this is immediatly the next thing I see. The website won't even allow me to reach the next page. I have'nt even been able to reach the page where I could  attempt to apply for the card.When I have tried to request a debit card, this is immediatly the next thing I see. The website won't even allow me to reach the next page. I have'nt even been able to reach the page where I could attempt to apply for the card.When I click on setting up direct deposit. I immediately am taken to this page.When I click on setting up direct deposit. I immediately am taken to this page.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.