I moved to Europe. Can my Paypal account move too?

lunaproject
New Community Member

Hello everyone! I've been in the US for a short time many years ago. During that time, I opened a Paypal account and I recently discovered - by logging in again - that I have some money in it. Talk about finding money in the coat pocket! 😁

However, in order to "accept the money" (apparently Paypal doesn't have my tax info) I need to do one of two things:

- give an SSN or ITIN number, that I never had (I never worked in the US, I never needed to pay taxes);

- give a US bank account number for them to send me the money, that I don't have anymore.

If SSN or ITIN are mandatory now, apparently I opened the account at a time when they weren't.

Now, it would be great if Paypal could "move" my account to their EU branch, so they'd ask for my European tax data, which I have.

Do you know whether Paypal allows this? I found nothing in the help guides, and I'd rather ask you first than placing an international call. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.