I'm receiving my login confirmation code but I'm not currently logging into the account

hartner808
New Community Member

Hello, every few days I receive a 2FA Pin via SMS but I'm not login at that very moment. Everytime it happens I go and change the password of my account to make sure nobody is messing around with my credentials.. Can you please help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Aarc123
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hartner808,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I understand that you are facing issues while login in to your account post receiving the code. I would request you to please refer to this article 
 to follow the steps to fix this issue.

I hope this information helps. 

-Aarthi

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @hartner808,

I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving a code when you're not trying to log in. There are a few reasons this could be happening. There's a possibility that your cell service provider is delaying messages and sending them to you at a different time, or that someone is trying to access your account. It's also possible that someone has an email address similar to yours and is inadvertently mistyping theirs and accidentally attempting to log in on the wrong account. The last one that I can possibly think of is that there could be a keylogger virus on your computer, giving a fraudster an opportunity to see your password updates.

If there's been any unauthorized activity, you'll definitely want to report it as quickly as possible to resecure your account. You'll also want to run a virus scan on your computer to ensure that any malware is caught so you can get it removed. If you do find one, you'll want to review all your passwords on any platforms to change them.

However, the other possibilities are the more probable ones. One thought to try would be to use a different email address on your account. If you have access to a different email address, add that email address to your account and remove the other one. That would prevent someone who's attempting to log into your account from even knowing the email address to try logging in with, and would resolve the issue if someone is accidentally logging in to your account.

I hope this is resolved quickly to give you peace of mind!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.