I'm in the USA but can't receive security PIN to verify its me. Any suggestions please?

JBVK
Contributor
Contributor

Can't receive PIN security number by text message

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JBVK 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You should not use your country specific paypal account internationally as you will hit problems of i.d. and receiving / withdrawing funds so be careful or you may risk it being temporarily limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JBVK 

Probably because you are using a UK paypal account???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JBVK
Contributor
Contributor
It's because my UK phone network 'Three' have stopped 'roaming' so I can't get any service on my UK phone.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JBVK 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You should not use your country specific paypal account internationally as you will hit problems of i.d. and receiving / withdrawing funds so be careful or you may risk it being temporarily limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.