I can‘t change my primary phone number

nobodykn0ws
New Community Member

I recently got a new phone number and I want to change it but I can‘t, neither on the phone and neither on desktop. What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@nobodykn0ws

From the following PayPal link in a desktop browser; add your new phone number as "Mobile" from the drop down box and tick the box that says "Make this my primary phone".

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/phone/add

Remove your old number.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@nobodykn0ws

From the following PayPal link in a desktop browser; add your new phone number as "Mobile" from the drop down box and tick the box that says "Make this my primary phone".

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/settings/phone/add

Remove your old number.

Login to Me Too

jiejie
New Community Member
it is not working
Login to Me Too

johnnylogancame
New Community Member

It is Christmas Time 2021. I have repeatedly tried to change my primary phone number. I am guessing paypal is saying idgaf about all of this because it has been going on for a long time. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @johnnylogancame and @jiejie,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're unable to change the phone number on your account. I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. Our advisors will look into your account and help you accordingly.

Thanks,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

glazebrooktrez
New Community Member

For me there are three numbers shown in my account under "Login and Security".  The top one has no parenthesis.  The second from the top is labelled as (Home) and the bottom is labelled (Mobile).  When I click on "Update", only the second two phone numbers are listed and one of them is marked as primary.  I don't see the top number from my Profile page on the update page.  How do I change/remove the top number in my profile?  It seems like it is being treated in some special way although it is not labelled in any special way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.