I DON'T HAVE A TELEPHONE and thus can't log in to Paypal

Zjwill
New Community Member

I DON'T HAVE A TELEPHONE.

Thus, I am shut out from Paypal, because someone there decided that a telephone connection should be required.

There should be some way to log in WITHOUT a telephone number.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zjwill 

Sadly not, you need to have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in your name verified on your Paypal account.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zjwill 

Sadly not, you need to have a mobile (not landline) phone issued in your country and registered in your name verified on your Paypal account.
Paypal are using mobile phones for i.d requirements for logging in and withdrawal funds for extra security measures.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

someday2020
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal can also use another email address for verification. They don't need your cellphone or landline number. The additional email will suffice. I don't want to give my personal number to every organization just for it to be hacked. Because I won't give my number, I can't go into my settings to pay or manage my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@someday2020 

If you don't want them to have your phone number then why not just close your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

someday2020
Contributor
Contributor

Because they don't need a cellphone number for a 2-step verification. They could also use an additional email for verification.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.