How-to-verify-account-when-I-have-lost-my-phone

keithymon99
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal-are-asking-me-to-verify-my-identity-with-two-step-authentication-but-the-phone-I-used-to-set-it-up-is-lost.Please-advise-me-what-to-do-as-it-seems-a-little-Catch-22-at-the-moment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keithymon99 

@Beamer142 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Beamer142
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem there does not seem to be a way to contact Paypal without my lost mobile number. I worry because my credit card expires in two months and I make a lot of payments through PayPal HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

keithymon99
Contributor
Contributor

I'm-not-alone!!

I'll-let-you-know-if-I-discover-a-route-through-the-maze..

Login to Me Too

Beamer142
Contributor
Contributor

I will also keep enquiring. I don’t suppose anyone from PayPal reads these forums but one can only hope

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keithymon99 

@Beamer142 

Try:
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.

If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

keithymon99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks-for-sound-practical-advice.

Login to Me Too

Beamer142
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for advice, Third Browser choice (Google) worked

Login to Me Too

Troyblake407

Maree76
New Community Member
Hello dear i have lost my phone 📱 and i have also changed my phone number now i have login problem please help me thanks 🙏
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Maree76,

Thanks for posting your question here. 

I am sorry to hear that you have lost your phone and are unable to access the account. The best way to resolve this is by contacting us. If you follow the 'password issues' flow it should give you the option to either 'call us' or to 'chat with us while logged out'. Here we can help you gain access again to the account. You can click on the 'Help & contact' link at the bottom of every PayPal page. 

I  hope we are able to help you resolve this soon. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.