Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Loyokenz 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SilverZenitH
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the feedback in the meantime i will try contact paypal support through twitter cuz i cant roaming call to Paypal call centre directly thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Loyokenz
Contributor
Contributor

SilverZenitH
Contributor
Contributor

I cant login to my PayPal account because I don't receive SMS verification Code and it been 1 month already, i can receive all the verification Code from other Application and it seems i only didn't receive on PayPal even though i try to register new PayPal account with my current phone number, i still didn't receive the SMS verification code, Please any help would be appreciated.  My account that i cant enter is the other one not this one TY.

Login to Me Too

Woodall1
New Community Member
Hello I need to get back into my account which I haven't used for a while. I have the login and password details but the phone number which it wants to send a verification code to no longer exists. How do I go about changing the number? I can't log into my account without confirmation this
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Woodall1 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

petecart

400+ pages of complaints?  I guess we're not getting into our accounts.  You can call paypal as many times as you want, they're never gonna update your phone number.  I've tried.  This is another great way of stealing your money.

Login to Me Too

Davycrocket234
Contributor
Contributor

I need to update my phone number from my old phone number every time I log in to pay Pal it ask to text me on my old phone number ? my

Login to Me Too

caffrin
Contributor
Contributor

Help! I need access to my PayPal funds in the next few days but my phone number is no longer available and I am unable to change it!

Login to Me Too

JohnHelms
Contributor
Contributor
After adding my new number when login in my account, but the problem is I couldn't add and remove the old number when login in Please I really need a help because I really need to get access into my account back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.