How to unsubscribe from marketing emails sent by PayPal?

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently received an email sent by paypal The subject was "Good news: We saved your [Merchant I had recently used] 🙂"

I never asked to receive such emails. At the bottom, there was an unsubscribe link that said "This email was sent to because your email preferences are set to receive "News and Promotions". Click here to Unsubscribe."

I checked in my account -- I have never had the checkbox checked to receive "News and Promotions". Why am I still getting such emails, and how do I get them to stop?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Annie_02
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @greatdealsamazi 

I understand your concern to unsubscribe the marketing emails that you are receiving the emails. Here's the link to know how to unsubscribe the emails from receiving it. For your security, we always email you when you request your password or change your name, your address, your email address, your password, or your bank account. We also email you about important changes to our legal agreements or policies.

Regards

Annie. 

Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

As I mentioned in my post, I already have the promotional emails turned off. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on this folks? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

Hilariously I am being told by a Paypal person on the phone that this is a phishing email... when it was CLEARLY sent by Paypal and only links back directly to Paypal.com. Hello, how do I STOP getting these?

Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone

?

Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

I still wish to know the answer to my question

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @greatdealsamazi

Welcome back to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent email you received. If you've already checked your profile and settings in the article linked above and found no issues, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Teams via Facebook PM or Twitter DM for further assistance. They'll be able to guide you further and review where that email came from and potentially how to prevent it in the future. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

greatdealsamazi
Contributor
Contributor

Jon K,

I did what you suggested. I asked the question to Paypal on twitter and got this inane response in reply. It's as if they didn't even read my question.

"Hello there! I am happy to help. PayPal offers several automated email notifications to keep you updated on your account activity. Selecting whether or not you wish to receive these notification emails can be easily done by following these steps: - Go to paypal.com and log in to your account. - Click the Settings icon at the top of the page. - In the blue bar near the top of the page, select Notifications. You can also refer to this link:. Thank you! ^FS"
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.