How to trust my device

HBGirl
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to be automatically logged in (wish you would stop asking me that). But I don't want to 2 step verification every single time from my home computer. I click 'trust this device' but that gets me nowhere. My PC is Windows 10. Anyone know how to get paypal to trust my device?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Flussig
Contributor
Contributor

The 'Trust This Device' tick box does not work when using 2FA, please fix, thanks

Login to Me Too

yuenster
New Community Member

Yes same problem here. Please fix. What's the point of a feature that does nothing?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

itsme987
Contributor
Contributor

It works! I use 2 step authentication (cell text code) and clicked trust "this device" and now it's only 2 step from other devices. On my Windows 10 laptop, it just takes me to the sign in screen, my computer addes the ID and PW and I click Pay Now and done. However, my 2nd laptop can't seem to use this. Ridiculous programming by PayPal!

Login to Me Too

nadworks
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Very annoying. Need to log in multiple times per day from my secure home computer.

Evert time 2FA is required. EVERY SINGLE TIME, despite "Trust this computer" being ticked. Arrrrgs.

Login to Me Too

Fishmonger65
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem on all my mobile and desktop devices. It’s an extremely irritating issue that I feel should be given some priority development time.
Login to Me Too

Zivio
Contributor
Contributor

Still having this problem late May 2021.  Windows 10, Chrome browser. Especially a concern because 2FA text messages have lately been delayed for long periods of time from Paypal when I need to login and make a simple transaction.

Login to Me Too

Steverino_CHGO
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t use PayPal often, so I don’t mind 2FA. It makes me feel more secure. However, I have a related issue. Every time I login from my iPhone 8, I get an email that an unfamiliar device logged into my account. It is the same device as always. How can I get PayPal to remember my device without disabling 2FA?
Login to Me Too

No1inParticular
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure it is 2FA that is specifically the cause, rather something that has changed either O/S, browser etc or Paypal code that now means 2FA suffers it; well for me anyway. Interesting that others have suffered it way back.  I've had 2FA for years & it was working 2FA & "this" laptop I'm using up until .... sometime early 2021 for me, I think.

Login to Me Too

gingert
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here - each time I choose "Trust This Device", it still requests the authentication code 

If you don't allow customers to use the "trust this device" option for 2FA, then you should remove it from the modal & save us all the annoyance of having to complete an unnecessary tick box that does nothing

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.