How to disable 2 step verification?

DirectionDPS
New Community Member

Hello, does anyone know how to disable 2-step verification? We have several people using the account so the text code is very limiting. When I search in Paypal, it just says that Business accounts do not have 2-step...yet I'm a business account (definitely checked) and I have 2 step. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Temp20211215g
New Community Member

Me too. I can't find any options to disable 2step verification in my PayPal Business account. I wonder if PayPal developers read these messages. It looks like no one cares. 

Login to Me Too

dr-troy
New Community Member

Absolutely sick of it, goodbye PayPal, hello gpay !

Login to Me Too

JamesBalmforth
Contributor
Contributor

I found his really frustrating but this is what worked for me. I did this on a laptop.

1. Login to Paypal.com

2. Click the cog wheel on the top right.

3. Click Security near the top of the page.

4. Click Update next to "Security key."

5. For those that do not see any option to disable / Turn Off 2-step verification, choose "Use security key"

It will ask you to authenticate via text (Hopefully for the last time).

The process to setup a security key failed because it's a USB dongle thing I don't have and you probably don't either.

When that failed, 2 step verification was disabled and I received an email telling me it was off.

Refreshing the browser can sometimes help to make option appear (Hold shift while clicking the circular arrow at the top of your browser to the left of the URL bar)

There is clearly a concerted effort to make mobile phones necessary for everyday life and I believe this is to prepare for the gradual transition towards a fully cashless society. Use cash as much as possible to prevent this from happening and don't give in to those who try to insist you carrying a phone is essential for everyday life.

Login to Me Too

AlfaR164
New Community Member

Thank you JamesBalmforth ! Finally turned off this anoying thing. Was asking me 10x for every transfer and login, change and everything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.