How i can change nationality in my profile ?

jozefstrnad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi paypal community,

I need change nationality in my profil because  I have set that I'm from USA but i am from Europe and now when i want link my bank account i cant because i can choose only from US bank.

I wanted to write in support of paypal but i cant find contact information.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks

Jozef

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jozefstrnad 

A U.S account is useless to you as paypal is country specific so you need to close that account (if you can) and open another one in the correct country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jozefstrnad
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for information. Yes i can close account but i have there waiting money. I cant accept this money because i dont have SSN number when i want tranfer to bank account i can choose only from US bank. My goal is waiting money get to bank account or different paypal acount.

Is it possible ? 

Thanks

Jozef

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jozefstrnad 

Sadly you won't ever be able to claim the funds from another countries paypal account.

If the funds are not claimed they would be showing as that on the senders paypal account and time out 30 days post payment and go back to them.

If its showing as completed then they would have to open a dispute for non receipt of item to get their funds back again.

Then they can pay to your new account in the correct country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jozefstrnad
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

this will a problem because my paypal account balance is about 1000 USD and i cant send this money on different paypal account or on debit card because when i fill information for pay i received popup with text: 

There’s a problem with your account. Please go to the Resolution Center so we can help you resolve any limitations on your account.

I understand that i have paypal account with wrong nationality but this problem i cant solve about 1 year. Is this problem solvable ?

i cant find contact information for paypal support

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jozefstrnad 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Willjoe
Contributor
Contributor

The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country and region. So, you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you'll need to close your existing account and open a new account.

Regards,

Will

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Willjoe 

Read the thread, they know that !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.