How do you change your profile picture?

SamTheMoose
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot find out where or how to change my profile picture now. It seems to be impossible and yet I see the picture show up every time I make a transaction so it much be possible to change. How do you do it now though?

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

TheLoneDevelope
Contributor
Contributor

I swear the paypal's dashboard has always been a complete utter mess. Broken links, difficult to find settings, mixed UI with old and new interface, a mess! I upgraded my account to a business account and I still have a picture of me and it looks unprofessional sending payment requests with a picture of me and not my business logo!

Login to Me Too

Rea87
New Community Member

The only way I've been able to do it is by downloading the PayPal app on my phone... it's super easy there. It's weird. I tried for about an hour on the actual site and found absolutely nothing.

Login to Me Too

So there are three different profile pictures that you can update on PayPal one is right here on the Forum, another is your business logo and another is a picture and PayPal me. All are different and pop up on different things here and there. Also also PC Mac Chromebook mobile app or through Chrome or web browser are all different.

This is what I know.

Using a Chromebook and accessing PayPal through the Chrome browser you can update your business logo profile picture by going to tools and then selecting invoicing once there there's a drop-down menu that says settings in the white area not the blue, not the gear button. Click the arrow for the settings drop-down menu that I just mentioned There's a link that says business information.

For this community message board sign in to your message board and at the top right will be your profile picture you click on it.

To change the PayPal me profile pic I couldn't figure it out for the life of me but luckily Jon K had the answer :

Try this link once you're logged into your account: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/my/picture

Kudos Jon K 

Login to Me Too

franciscyprus
New Community Member

Thanks! This was very helpful! 

Regarding the Paypal Me Profile Picture:

They should add a way to change it from the Gear Wheel>Account Settings!

Have a good day!

Login to Me Too

sprite75
Contributor
Contributor

On my home page, the gear wheel--> accounts does give an option for changing the profile photo.  But it doesn't work--the photo disappears as soon as I go back to my home page, and doesn't show up on my 'paypal.me' link.

I've tried the first fix in this discussion, and it didn't work, but I'll look at the others too.

Login to Me Too

LauraVladutu
Contributor
Contributor

It took me forever to figure! In Chrome this is how it worked for me:

Login to PayPal > Go to Pay &Get Paid tab > Make Payments > Send Money > Contacts tab > on the right side click on Manage Profile button > Click on your photo > Change Photo > Upload from your PC  et Voila! 🙂 Hope it helps!!

Login to Me Too

mkt0
New Community Member

I got it, really messy to find this!

Login to Me Too

kimsomers
Contributor
Contributor

This totally worked.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Rosecass
Thank you. This worked for me! I was literally pulling my hair out and going round in circles!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.