How do I turn on or off 2-step verification for PayPal

markriduk
Contributor
Contributor

This is driving me mad,  how the hell do you turn off "2-step verification",  I've followed the instruction Paypal provide and even received an email saying it's been turned off but still sends me a txt everytime!!

I've been in contact with Paypal support who were useless, any ideas? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

J-58
Contributor
Contributor
I can't do it either! Ruddy thing doesn't have either an "update" option under security options nor a way to opt out, such as ticking "this is a trusted device". It's made sending payment such a faff & it's driving me daft 😖 Please help!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @markriduk and @J-58,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing an issue while disabling the 2-step verification. Please be informed that the code sent to your text is to verify and to confirm, if the payment is processed by you or not. You receive these codes because in a way to protect yourself from fraud and unauthorized activity, PayPal texts is to block them from reaching your inbox in the first place. Here's the help center article to turn off it. 

Best Wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

markriduk
Contributor
Contributor

That DOES NOT work,  i've done this a number of times and it is currently set to off but still asks me every time I log in etc.  

I have also spoken to Paypal regarding this and they were no help either!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.