How do I set up a Paypal account in a different country?

nhcowboy1
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way that I can set up a Paypal account in another country? I have an account in the U.S. (where I reside), but need to make a payment in France, to a company that requires the payment to be made from a French account.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @nhcowboy1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

To have an account in another country, you will need to hold a physical address within that country. 

I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hey @nhcowboy1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

The laws applicable to PayPal accounts differ by country, so you can't change your address to a country that is different from the country you used when you opened your account. If you're moving abroad, you’ll need to close your existing account and open a new account. If you maintain residences in 2 countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts as long as only one is a Business account.

To have an account in another country, you will need to hold a physical address within that country. 

I hope this helps. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.