How do I get Paypal to stop sending me emails in a language I don't read?

Siavahda
New Community Member

I've set my account language settings to English, but, presumably because I live in Finland, all the 'necessary emails' Paypal are mandated to send to everyone come to me in Finnish. I need them in English! 

Emails about transactions etc arrive in English just fine. It's just things like when they're updating terms of service etc that arrive in Finnish. I can't find any settings to specify that these kind of emails need to be in English. Would have thought that they would automatically be in English since that is the language setting of my account!

So frustrated. Anyone know how to solve this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @Siavahda,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you are having trouble with our automated emails. Generally, any update notifications sent to you are sent in the language of the country the account was created in. If you are wanting to discuss this further, you can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us (when available) at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Message Us

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Instant Message

I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.