How do I gain access to my account?

thegamertoad
New Community Member

Hello, I cannot log into my other paypal account, the password seems to have been changed and so have the security questions, I checked my email but there wasn't any unusual emails from paypal, whenever i try to change the password they give me 2 options, its to either answer the security questions that aren't the same anymore, or to confirm via phone number, I enter the code they send me but they still want me to answer my security questions, I would like to close/delete this account or gain access, because 2 of my cards are connected to it and I can't do nothing to prevent a thief/hacker from stealing the money off of them, any tips??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @thegamertoad

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry you're having difficulty logging into your PayPal account. You may find this Help Center article useful: What can I do if I can't log in? In addition, I have a few troubleshooting tips that might help. First, check if you have any older devices that may have successfully accessed the account. You may be able to log in using one of those. If not, try clearing your cache and cookies, changing browsers, or even switching to our PayPal Mobile App. 

If you still don't have any luck, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Customer Support. Support can be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page, sending a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter, or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. Once you're able to log in, you can report any potentially unauthorized activity with Customer Support or through our website by following these steps: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity? You can also find instructions on how to close an old account on our Help Center. 

Good luck! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.