How do I edit a contact?

sharonmayer1
New Community Member

How do I edit a contact? In the help section it says click on edit but I don't have the option to do anything except block or delete.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

eric_flamm
New Community Member

@tuckerdognc Paypal is NOT owned by Google - Paypal is a publicly-traded company which was spun off from EBay many years ago. You really shouldn't post misinformation on a public board - it does not help the discussion.

Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

Typical. Can't answer the question but can waste time with superfluous information. Okay, they are their own company with lousy customer service. They are not owned by Google. All the rest of the original is accurate. There. Happy? I've been corrected. 

Login to Me Too

rickywheeler
Contributor
Contributor

I called tech support and was told that the edit feature was removed.  Being able to edit or at least view the information from your contacts is very important when you are sending money, so that you make sure that you don't send it to someone else with the same name.  I cannot understand how a company with the technical expertise that Paypal has can't understand this issue.  Literally creating doubt as to who you are sending money to and not being able to verify the information of the person you are sending the money too is absurd.  Am I the only one who thinks so?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @rickywheeler,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into a issues when sending money. I was able to find some steps for the PayPal.com desktop experience that may help: 

1. Click Send & Request
  2. Click Manage Contacts
  3. Click on the contact you'd like to manage
  4. Click the option you'd like

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

flyingmooseman
Contributor
Contributor

Here's how to add, edit, or delete contacts from your Address Book:
Click Send & Request near the top of the page.
Click the More tab at the top.
Click Get Started under "Create an invoice".
Hover above "Settings" and click Address Book.
Select a contact, then click Edit or Delete contact.
Click Add new contact to add a new one.

At least with this method, you can see the email address.

Login to Me Too

grmah2001
Contributor
Contributor

It's moved!

Now, go down to the bottom right of your Dashboard page and click on Manage Invoices.

On the Invoicing page, click on the Settings gear.

There, you'll click on Customers and be able to search for contacts and edit them.

Olly olly oxen free!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.