How do I edit a contact?

sharonmayer1
New Community Member

How do I edit a contact? In the help section it says click on edit but I don't have the option to do anything except block or delete.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

did you ever get the answer? Because "edit" doesn't exist as far as I can tell. 

Login to Me Too

flyingmooseman
Contributor
Contributor

Here's how to add, edit, or delete contacts from your Address Book:
Click Send & Request near the top of the page.
Click the More tab at the top.
Click Get Started under "Create an invoice".
Hover above "Settings" and click Address Book.
Select a contact, then click Edit or Delete contact.
Click Add new contact to add a new one.

Login to Me Too

rickywheeler
Contributor
Contributor

The above steps work.  Nice job finding a solution.  Shame on Paypal who makes this simple process so difficult.  Who agrees with me?

Login to Me Too

Temp20211018a
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. The help pages say you can edit, but the actual screens only give you the option to block or delete.  It PayPal prefers you to delete and recreate the contact is someone's email address changes. For a globally recognized service, this is very low grade capability

Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

I guess we shouldn't be surprised. They are owned by Google, so there really is no need for customer service at all. Funny. I can't even send a reply. "Error message, html removed please try again." I try again. "Flooding detected attempting to send message before 3600 seconds. They really don't want any communication to happen, even among users apparently. Let's see if this goes thru. Just tried to bump me off as well. Save or Leave page. "verification timed out." How about just let me leave the message?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharonmayer1 

@Temp20211018a 

I do it this way but may be country dependent.

Click on the summary page > three dots on the right (MORE) > scroll down to CREATE AN INVOICE and click on it > top left of that page in small letters it says 'invoicing', there is a drop down box so click on that and then click on SETTINGS > top option is CUSTOMERS. EDIT INFORMATION is top right by each contact.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I gave up. Not worth wasting any time. I deleted and added new. They'll just redesign something or make something new or send me something about a new app or a way to collect more data or make something harder that used to be simple in the meantime anyway. All meant to make it appear they truly are there to awesomely be there for all our awesome financial needs. And their follow up - if I ever actually got one - will be "did you sign in?" "do you have an account?" "Is blue a color?" 🙂 

Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

Gee. How easy!!!! How about "click on the contact name and edit it." Wouldn't that be awesomely awesome!!!! :=-)

Login to Me Too

tuckerdognc
Contributor
Contributor

PS Not a customer. Just simply trying to change a person's email address and contact information that I occasionally get money from, you know, where PayPal advertises you can split the check or pay someone back for lunch?  🙂 Here's the concept that the designers and web developers apparently don't understand. It's really quite simple.

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 1.10.22 PMEST.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.