Contributor

How do I go about changing my username?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jane_F75,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum!

The information given by @jmarc_38 is very helpful, if you're looking to change the legal name on your account. Thank you jmarc_38!

If you are looking to change the username that people use to pay you, and which is part of a PayPal.me URL, you can contact customer service for assistance with that. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see your contact options. 

If you're trying to change the username on your Community Forum profile, please click the 3 dots in the upper corner of this post and choose "Report Inappropriate Content" and write the moderation team a report requesting the change to your forum username, with the name that you would prefer to have. We will review to see if it's available and if it meets the Forum Guidelines, and make the change if so. Please only use this option for Forum username changes, as we will not be able to make changes to your PayPal account itself.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hello , @Jane_F75 
read carefully, you can't change certain things, and conditions also exist.
have a nice day 🙂

How do I change the name associated with my PayPal account?

You can change the name associated with your PayPal account if it is misspelled or if you have officially changed your name. It's not possible to change the name on your account to someone else's. To change the name on your PayPal account:

Go to your Settings.
Next to your name, click Edit.
Choose the appropriate name change from the available options: Change Your Legal Name, Update Your Name, or Make a Minor Correction.

To correct a minor typing error (2 characters maximum and only once after creating your PayPal account):

Enter your first and last name.
Check the box to confirm the choice I want to change my name and click Update name.

To update or change your name:

Choose the type of change to make, then click Continue.
Follow the instructions on the screen.

► If it is not a typo, you will be asked to provide documentation to support your name change.
► The fastest way to send us your documents and make your name change is to upload them. Here's how:

Click Upload Files and select the files to upload (or drag them into the upload window).
Click Attach File when prompted, and wait for the files to finish uploading.
Click Send Files.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jane_F75,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum!

The information given by @jmarc_38 is very helpful, if you're looking to change the legal name on your account. Thank you jmarc_38!

If you are looking to change the username that people use to pay you, and which is part of a PayPal.me URL, you can contact customer service for assistance with that. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see your contact options. 

If you're trying to change the username on your Community Forum profile, please click the 3 dots in the upper corner of this post and choose "Report Inappropriate Content" and write the moderation team a report requesting the change to your forum username, with the name that you would prefer to have. We will review to see if it's available and if it meets the Forum Guidelines, and make the change if so. Please only use this option for Forum username changes, as we will not be able to make changes to your PayPal account itself.

I hope this is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Vlukasso
Contributor
Contributor

Click the link and follow the steps. It took about 3 hours for them to reply that they had updated my username. Just make sure you already have your new username in mind and include it in the message to save time and they will update it right away. [removed]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.